Google Home Vs. Alexa

I am trying to decide which is better a Google Home or an Alexa. What are the pros and cons of each? I have a moderate sized apartment thats 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Once I have decided on which brand, how many would work for my situation?

Re: Google Home Vs. Alexa

Thanks Quokka for replying. I have a few friends who swear by them that they will change your life. I am a big baker and being able to set a timer while i am in the middle of baking sounds great. I am pretty basic and dont know what all it would all include. Is there much difference between the two brands?

Thanks!

Re: Google Home Vs. Alexa

Timers and reminders are super useful, not only because you can set them without touching anything, but also because you can give them different names. On the Google Home Hub, you can glance at the screen to see how many minutes remain on every single timer you've set, which is super convenient.

In the kitchen, timers and reminders are probably the top use of smart speakers, followed closely by shopping lists ("okay Google, add flour to the shopping list") and music. I think a speaker with a display is exceptionally nice for a kitchen; the Google Nest Hub will act as a photo frame when it's not in use, and it's really nice to see photos of family and friends rotating around. If you get the Nest Hub Max with the camera, you can place Duo calls to others, and the camera will automatically follow you and keep you centered as you walk throughout the room, it feels magical.

Commercials will have you think that people are using them for recipes, but I think most people would want to carefully pick which recipe they're planning on making before they get started, and I can't imagine anyone simply following the first recipe that their assistant hands them.