Re: Toaster oven vs. microwave for reheating pizza?

With the toaster oven, try preheating it to ~400 degrees Fahrenheit when it's empty. Place a slice of pizza on some aluminum foil, then open up the toaster oven, quickly place the slice on the aluminum foil in there, close it, and have it maintain that ~400 degrees. The heating elements won't have to turn on for too long, which should allow a more even re-heat.

In the microwave, dampen a paper towel with some water, then place it on top of your pizza. Should help with the sogginess, interestingly enough.

BOTH.

I start in the microwave to get the slice of pizza warm. I don't heat the pizza fully in the microwave as, unfortunately, this can make the pizza soggy/the crust rubbery. Once the pizza is warm, and the cheese on the edge of being melty, I transfer my pizza into a preheated toaster oven (or oven) and bake for 5-10 minutes. This gets the pizza crispier and melts the cheese in a more organic way than the microwave.

nealio_houseio wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:11 am
I've never tried using a pan (I do this for my burritos to get the tortilla nice and crispy), I'll give this a shot the next time I need to reheat pizza. What kind of pan would you use? A nonstick?
You can purchase the recipe for a DYI Frying Pan for 1,500 bells, it requires two Iron Nuggets.

Just kidding, haha I think any sort of pan would work. I use medium-low heat, since anything too hot will get the bottom too crispy before the heat gets conducted upward through your pizza. No need to pre-heat the pan, you can toss the pizza on it when you place it on the stove.
Head of Nook Incorporated