Seems to me like:
- * Lets me control the color and intensity of individual bulbs
* Easier to install, no electrical work required
* Lets me upgrade to philips hue lightstrips and other accessories in the future
- * Requires a philips hue hub, it looks like it requires a wired ethernet connection. Is this true?
* Expensive to upgrade all bulbs
* Awkward that the light switch needs to be on for the lights to be on. Am I going to regret not having full control with the light switch when I enter my room?
- * Cheaper to automate my lights, since I can replace one switch to automate all the lights that it controls
* Cheaper in the long-term, since lights can be replaced with regular bulbs when they burn out
* I can continue using the switch by my door in addition to the app and Alexa / Google home
- * Need to mess with electrical work to replace the switch
* Do these work well without a hub? Will it be too much for my WiFi network to install a lot of these around the house?
* Can't adjust brightness of bulbs