I need ideas for my home gym.

I am designing one of the extra rooms of my house into a home gym. In terms of equipment, I know what to buy, and I have some of it already. My challenge is the room itself. I'm wondering whether I should include mirrors on one of the walls.

Also, I'd like to know the best material for the floors. Whether it's a rug or tiles, I'd love some ideas.

Re: I need ideas for my home gym.

Congrats on the home gym!

I have a friend who recently moved into a new place and dedicated a room to a home gym. It looks beautiful with mirrors on one of the walls, and he used smart bulbs so that he can convert it to a "red room" like Barry's Bootcamp.

I honestly think the floors will be the most difficult part, especially if you have someone living beneath you that you don't want to disturb. Even if you're not dropping weights, jumping around can be super noisy even on carpet. If you have someone beneath you, I'd absolutely recommend some sort of mats.

It might also be a good idea to think about some soundproofing if you think you'll be playing music fairly loud while you work out. You can line the walls that you don't put mirrors up against.

Re: I need ideas for my home gym.

GroutOverflow wrote: May 24th, 2020, 7:28 pm Congrats on the home gym!

I have a friend who recently moved into a new place and dedicated a room to a home gym. It looks beautiful with mirrors on one of the walls, and he used smart bulbs so that he can convert it to a "red room" like Barry's Bootcamp.

I honestly think the floors will be the most difficult part, especially if you have someone living beneath you that you don't want to disturb. Even if you're not dropping weights, jumping around can be super noisy even on carpet. If you have someone beneath you, I'd absolutely recommend some sort of mats.

It might also be a good idea to think about some soundproofing if you think you'll be playing music fairly loud while you work out. You can line the walls that you don't put mirrors up against.
I won't have any problem with the neighbors. My worry about the floor is that I might destroy it with the equipment. I agree, mats will help protect the floor as well as the equipment. After doing a bit of research, I have realized that the best mats would be rubber mats since they can endure the impact when putting down weights. Do you think they're the real deal? If not so, which ones can you recommend?