Best Single Piece of Gym Equipment for In-Home Cardio

I've been searching for a fairly compact piece of gym equipment for my apartment that can be easily stored when not in use.

Unfortunately, I'm not into the HIIT workouts taught online, so I'm looking for something like a small bike or stepper that I could use for 30 minutes a day, then stow later on without much trouble. It doesn't need a fancy screen, or anything like that, literally just something that'll motivate me to move more. In terms of pricing, I'm looking for something cheaper than a Peloton for sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Best Single Piece of Gym Equipment for In-Home Cardio

Before I read the bit on HIIT workouts, I was thinking that a pair of dumbbells or a resistance band could be perfect.

The dumbells can be used int HIIT workouts, but they can also be used to work out muscles in ways that bodyweight workouts can't. There's tons of arm workouts you can do with them, and there's also clever ways to use them to work other muscles too (i.e. weighted squats, or using them between your legs to assist in situps).

A single band can really help you with at-home leg days. You can use them for squats, you can do a lot of workouts on your back with them, and they'll really burn your muscles out within 10 minutes.

The best part is that a pair of dumbbells and a resistance band are super cheap and super easy to store.
Head of Nook Incorporated

Were it that you mentioned you're not into HIIT, I'd have recommended burpees. You won't need 30 minutes, plus the exercise works on your whole body and it's a good cardio.

Try Zwift or similar if you're a competitive gaming person and compete again other cyclers. You can exercise as you play – it's a game as well as an exercise.

Still, a jumping rope is another full body exercise that incorporates a cardio that will leave you asking for a time out after a few jumps. Whatever you choose, go for what gives you maximum results and target full body workout so that you won't need another form of exercise to work other parts.

One of my friends ordered waited jump ropes to get some cardio in lieu of running until she recovers. It’s got to be tough though, since your heart rate will climb real quick, and it’s a lot easier to maintain 30 or 40 minutes of running than 30 minutes of jumping rope.

I’ve been running almost every day recently but my legs have been getting so fatigued, so what I’ve started doing is going for a run, coming back and doing 20ish minutes of pushups / squats / weights, then going back out for another run. I feel like the l it take “break” in between really helps me keep going.

nealio_houseio – you'll love it!

Quokka - Sorry about your friend. Jumping ropes are not easy, and they work on a lot of body parts (that's what I like about them). Running or jogging is the go-to exercise for most people that I know. I gave it a shot, and I didn't feel passionate about it, so I quit.

Most of the time, the type of exercise that gives maximum results is the one that a person is passionate about. Personally, I like anything that's in the lines of HIIT.

Is anyone doing at-home exercises based on online videos? Barry's Bootcamp has been posting a ton of free workouts on their Instagram account (in the IGTV section), most of them don't require any equipment at all. It's all bodyweight workouts, a mix of pushups, mountain climbers, squats, lunges, etc.

They have others that only require resistance bands, which are super cheap and easy to store.